Our Coronavirus (Covid-19) Policy
Our main focus is on the safety of our guests and staff. Therefore, while we have to live with the risks of catching this virus, we will no longer take back-to-back bookings and a void week will be left between bookings (ie: we will take 7 day bookings only which will be alternate weeks). This will allow for a 72 hour minimum gap before we, or our staff, enter the property to clean and allow a further 72 hour gap before the next guests arrive, thus reducing the chance of infection (ie: creating a 'firewall' based on Government guidance for Covid-19 lifespan).
In effect, this will halve the number of bookings that are possible and the cost for us to implement this will be significant, but the safety of our guests and staff is paramount.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
We have always strived to maintain extremely high standards of cleanliness at The Hayloft and, as guests may not exhibit symptoms until after they return home, we will treat every clean as if the guests had potentially been infected.
Our cleaning procedure will follow the Government Covid-19 guidelines www.gov.uk/government/Covid-19-Decontamination which will also include steam cleaning of all soft furnishings / mattresses, etc., (full details are shown in our Covid-19 Risk Assessment which is available on request and is also on display in our property).
In order to aid cleanliness and sanitisation of the property, we have also been advised to remove all high tactile and non-essential items temporarily from the property, such as decorative cushions; throws; bedside rugs; books, magazines and leaflets; DVD's; Board games; Iron and ironing board; hair dryers; BBQ; spare cutlery, crockery and glasses. During this period, the bedrooms will also be made up as: One double room with Super King size bed; One double room with Twin beds; One single room with single bed.
NB: Also as a temporary measure, we will not provide any 'Welcome' food or drink items (so no milk, butter, eggs, cakes, croissants; jams, tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper). This is to reduce the chances of any contamination.
HAND SANITISER PROVIDED: We continue to provide Antiviral hand wash at The Hayloft and this is found in the kitchen, downstairs loo and bathroom.
TEST AND TRACE POLICY: In order to comply with and aid the Government's Test and Trace policy, names, addresses and ages of all guests will be required by the owner of the property before arrival. Unfortunately, our agents currently do not have the facility to take these details online at the time of booking. Therefore, the owner will contact the main guest named on the booking for this information prior to arrival.
BEFORE ARRIVAL: If any guests are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms; are self-isolating as a result of coronavirus symptoms or sharing a household or support bubble with somebody with symptoms; have been advised by the NHS test and trace service that they should self-isolate; or have any reason to believe that they may come into contact with the virus up to 14 days prior to their arrival, please follow the Government instructions and DO NOT travel to our property under any circumstances and inform the agents without delay.
SYMPTOMS DURING YOUR STAY: If any guest becomes ill with any symptoms of Covid-19 during their stay, they must let the owner know immediately and they, and all guests in the party must travel home. Guests are not permitted to continue their stay or self-isolate at The Hayloft.
We always like to 'meet and greet' our guests when they arrive and be on hand to help with any queries they may have during their stay. However during this time, we will be following strict social distancing rules. Therefore, when guests arrive we will not be able to welcome guests and show them round the property in the usual way. Instead, we will greet guests outside the property practicing strict social distancing. The keys can be collected following our normal procedures and will have been sanitised before collection. Instructions and guidelines to the property will be in a sanitised wipe clean folder inside the property. Should we need to enter the property during a stay, we will wear masks and gloves and ask that the guests vacate the property during our visit.
Guests will be asked to follow some amended additional Checkout guidelines (full details will be inside the Information folder inside the property), some of which are:
- strip their own beds and place used linen in bags provided
- empty all bins and double bag the rubbish and place tied bags in external waste bins
Guests will be asked to return the keys as instructed in the normal way and follow the Checkout instructions already provided inside the property.
DURING YOUR STAY
Guests are warned that there may be severely restricted opportunities to eat out during this time and should be prepared to book tables in plenty of time, or fully self cater.
Major supermarkets will deliver to The Hayloft but delivery slots may be difficult. Click and Collect is available from several local supermarkets within a 7 mile radius and other local stores in the area offer similar services.
At this time, while the country is gradually opening up, many of the local attractions may not be fully open / operating normally. Guests may need to book in order to visit and we advise guest to contact them ahead of their visit.
Please practice social distancing to stay safe and keep others safe. Avoid busy areas and please check for local restrictions and procedures in place for pubs, restaurants and other attractions.
Guests are also NOT to invite or entertain visitors at The Hayloft during their stay.
We hope all of our actions will help to reassure all guests that we are doing everything we can to keep us all safe, but please let us know if you have any particular concerns.
CORONAVIRUS (Covid-19) RISK ASSESSMENT
This Coronavirus Risk Assessment has been carried out following the guidelines on the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) web site www.hse.gov.uk
Assessment carried out by: Carole Hudson
Date of assessment: 23/06/2020
- Contamination of the site by guests who are asymptomatic or who develop symptoms while in situ.
- Transmission of the virus between guests or between guests and contractors /suppliers.
Who is at Risk?
- Other guests on site or with subsequent bookings, particularly the elderly or those with underlying health conditions.
- Cleaning and Maintenance Contractors and their immediate families, particularly if they care for relatives who are elderly or have underlying health conditions.
- The wider public locally.
Actions to Control Risk
- The 72-hour rule is applied. Back-to-back bookings are no longer taken meaning that a void week is left between bookings (ie: 7 day bookings will be alternate weeks). This allows for a 72 hour minimum gap before we, or our staff, enter the property to clean and allows a further 72 hour gap between cleaning and arrival of the next guests, thus reducing the chance of infection (ie: creating a ‘firewall’ based on Government guidance for COVID-19 lifespan).
- Anybody exhibiting symptoms or who has any reason to believe they may have come into contact with the virus up to 14 days prior to their booking must follow the Government instruction to self-isolate and follow NHS guidelines. Therefore, they should not arrive at The Hayloft.
- Guests that develop symptoms during their stay must notify the owners and agents immediately and vacate the property to self-isolate at their home.
- Contractors who are exhibiting symptoms or who have any reason to believe they may have come into contact with the virus within the previous 14 days should not come on site and they should follow NHS guidelines.
- We ask guests to follow guidelines on social distancing at all times.
- Guests are NOT to invite or entertain visitors at The Hayloft during their stay.
- Guests are advised that there may be restricted opportunities to eat out at this time and they should be prepared to fully self-cater.
- TEST AND TRACE POLICY: In order to comply and aid the Government’s Test and Trace policy, names, addresses and ages of all guests will be recorded by the owner prior to guests arriving at the property.
Implement Changes to cleaning policy
- Our cleaning procedure follows the Government Covid-19 guidelines gov.uk/government/Covid-19-Decontamination This also includes the steam cleaning of all soft furnishings / mattresses, etc.
- In order to aid cleanliness and sanitisation of the property, we have also removed all high tactile and non-essential items temporarily from the property, such as decorative cushions; throws; books, magazines and leaflets; DVDs; board games; iron and ironing board; hair dryers; BBQ; surplus spare cutlery, crockery and glasses.
- As a temporary measure, we no longer provide ‘Welcome’ food or drink items (so no milk, butter, eggs, cakes, croissants, jams, tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper).
- HAND SANITISER PROVIDED: We continue to provide Antiviral hand wash. This is found in the kitchen, downstairs loo and bathroom.
- We continue to provide Kitchen roll, Fairy liquid and Dettol Surface wipes and spray in the kitchen together with Cling Film and Foil.
To Protect our Cleaning Team we will:
- Delay cleaning until the property has been vacant for 72 hours.
- Provide the recommended PPE to our staff.
- Limit the number of team members to two at a time.
- Ask guests to strip their own beds and put used linen in bags provided before leaving.
- Ask guests to empty all bins and place tied bags into the external waste bins.
- All waste will be double bagged.
- There is a further delay of at least 72hrs before used linen is collected by the laundry service providing an adequate buffer to protect their staff.
This policy will be reviewed regularly until the Government advises that the Covid-19 threat has passed.